UKGTN - Promoting Gene Testing
Find a test
Find a laboratory
Welcome to UKGTN
The UK Genetic Testing Network is an advisory organisation that provides commissioning support to the NHS and DH for NHS patients in the UK
Suggested links for health care professionals, laboratory scientists and commissioners working in NHS genetic testing services:
News & Events
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Workshop November 2013
- UKGTN bi-annual e-Newsletter launched October 2013
- New UKGTN Genetic Test Recommendations for NHS Service from 2014
- NHS National Genetics Education and Development Centre (NGEDC) launch Genetic Testing for Health Website
- UKGTN Guide to Centres with Specialist Expertise for Rare Genetic Disorders
Patients & General Public
How do I get a genetic test done on the NHS?
You will need to be referred by your GP or the clinical professional that is treating you to your local Regional Genetics Centre (RGC).
Is a test for x condition available on the NHS?
In the first instance, search the UKGTN database for tests that have been evaluated by the UKGTN. If no results, please check other databases for tests that are offered through UK, European and US laboratories. Link to other databases.
Newsletter sign up
To sign up to our newsletter and receive the latest UKGTN news & events please fill out the form below: