Terms of Reference
- Recommend the timely introduction of diagnostic tests that have been evaluated through established criteria; develop Testing Criteria and promote the most efficient use of laboratory resources.
- Set standards and criteria of UKGTN membership; provide guidance to assist in the promotion of efficient service provision to meet performance measures.
- Influence the development of information systems to achieve common definitions for genetics in order to work towards comparative benchmarking and activity measurement.
- Promote transparency and equity of access to the provision of tests for patients and the NHS.
- Horizon scan future genetic developments by gathering and evaluating clinical and technical intelligence to inform policy and commissioning decisions.
- Inform commissioners about developments in genetics to deliver health improvements and patient care in a rapidly developing subject in the context of a patient led NHS; advise commissioners on the appropriate use of resources to enable local decisions about service provision.
- Communicate with stakeholders about UKGTN work plans and projects.
- Advising and reporting on the implications and impact of developments.